The first one is mine, the second (rather better?) is from my friend Mr Google AI.
Would you please all rise for...
The Mojácar anthem:
'Ho, Ho, Mojácar and Ho!
The purtiest town I ever did know,
There's no place that's like it wherever you go,
With three thousand souvenir shops and money to blow'.
Hey, Hey, Mojácar and Hey!
I think of you often when I am away
Your flag and your anthem are things that I say
Will never be bested in many a day.
Hi, Hi, Mojácar and Hi!
The neighbours are jealous, I hear them sigh
They want a few hotels, your lift to the sky
Your sweet little beach-bars and this lullaby.
Hoo, Hoo, Mojácar and Hoo!
The secretive town that’s known to a few.
The car-loads of tourists, if only you knew
Are here for your treasures, your sunshine and you.
Mr Google's poem:
The Song of Mojácar.
High upon the mountain stone,
Where ancient winds and sun are blown,
A crown of white against the blue,
Mojácar waits to welcome you.
The winding alleys, steep and old,
Hold stories of the brave and bold,
Of Moorish kings and ocean spray,
And golden light at end of day.
Below, the endless beaches gleam,
Where desert meets the sapphire stream,
The blue Mediterranean sighs,
Beneath the vast Andalusian skies.
An Indalo paints the weathered wall,
To watch and guard through rise and fall,
A timeless town, both wild and free,
A song of mountain, sun, and sea.
Maybe lines 10 and 11 need a little work if I'm picky...
No comments:
Post a Comment